Thank you, Spread Information for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award, which all my readers can now view towards the bottom of the blog.
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank and Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
As per the rules of receiving the award, I now state seven things about myself:
1. The blog’s name, Pathways Art Project, reflects its idea: pathways of all kinds as art. We aim to make a connection between physical pathways out in the world around us and memory pathways in the neural connections of our brains. In other words, we aim to maintain a correspondence between these two different kinds of pathways – the pathways we travel and the neural pathways in our brains that reflect our memories and knowledge.
2. For me personally, the pathway that is central to this blog is the one I walked from South Bay to North Bay in the December of 2010 (see text and links towards the bottom of the blog, next to the award image).
3. My moniker on this website, “LoCal Russian,” refers to an incident I experienced freshman year of college. In the freshman dining hall, one of the cards that named the dressings available for the salad bar fell on the floor face down. I lifted it to see what the card said. Sure enough, it said: “LoCal Russian.” I then placed the card on the door into my room in the dorm where I lived. There it stayed for some time.
4. One major theme of this blog is book reviews – books being excellent reflections of mental, memory-related pathways that we follow in life.
5. An important tag is google maps, which refers to Google Maps, a website that helps me tell the world about the physical pathways I travel: on foot, on bicycle, on public transportation and in my car.
6. This blog was inspired by our nominators, Spread Information. This does not mean that these folks are to be held responsible for any material that appears on this blog. It just refers to the fact that from these folks we learn about the better practices of blogging, the value of blogging and the great variety of uses a blog can have to its readers, writers and the society at large.
7. Most of this post was written while sitting in a wonderful cafe next to Ohlone College in Fremont, California. Here is the link to the location on Google Maps. The deli offers a variety of hot and cold beverages and many different kinds of wonderful food. The food is affordable, the place is cozy and the owner is a great guy.
As per the rules of the nomination, I am also going to nominate fifteen other bloggers. I will keep the strategy simple, nominating the first fifteen bloggers (other than those at Spread Information) that Liked my posts – having faith that the award will be accepted only by those of these fifteen bloggers who consider themselves to be Versatile:
The Drinking Hat
Two Mini Cooks
Looking for Pemberley
Enjoy My Adventure
Consciousness Creates Reality